Stacked New Mexico Red Chile Cheese Enchiladas
Stacked red chile cheese enchiladas with a fried egg is something you'll only find in New Mexico. Perfect for any meal of the day and guaranteed to set your taste buds on fire! You'll finish this dish with your panza llena y corazon contento (stomach full and your heart content).
By: Diaz Farms
Prep & Cook Time:1hr 30mins
Yield: 2 Services
- 6 corn tortillas
- Oil (optional)
- 1 1/2 to 2 cups red chile sauce (follow the link for recipe).
- 1 cup shredded monterey jack cheese or cheddar
- 2 eggs (fried)
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- 2/3 cup chopped tomato
Each serving will contain 3 corn tortillas.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit.
- Take one tortilla and dip it quickly in hot oil to make soft.
- Now that it is softened take your tortilla and dip it in your New Mexico Red Chile Sauce and put it on a plate
- Top with cheese, onion and more red chile sauce.
- Repeat steps 2-4 two more times and stack your tortillas.
- Add more red chile sauce, cheese and onions to your liking.
- Heat in oven until cheese melts.
- Top with a fried egg.
- Garnish with lettuce and tomato.
To complete this authentic enchilada dish serve with pinto beans and rice.
* If you don't have Red Chile Pods order some today!