New Mexico Red Chile Enchilada Casserole
You can never go wrong with a plate of New Mexico Red Chile Enchiladas. Here is a great authentic casserole version of red chile enchiladas. Straight out of the oven and to the table, this recipe is guaranteed to satisfy your red chili cravings.
By Diaz Farms
- 12 Corn Tortillas
- Cooking Oil
- 3/4 Cups of Finely Chopped Onions
- 2 1/2 Cups Shredded Cheddar or Monterey Jack Cheese
- 3 Cups of New Mexico Red Chili Sauce. Order New Mexico Red Chile Pods if you don’t have red chile.
- Spread oil in a 9-12inch square baking dish.
- Cover 4 tortillas in red chile sauce and place on the bottom of the cooking dish.
- Sprinkle 1/4 cup chopped onions evenly across layer.
- Cover with 1/3 shredded cheese.
- Repeat steps 1-4 two create two more layers and cover with the remaining shredded cheese.
- Bake at 350°F for 30 minutes or until hot and the cheese is melted completely.
Serve with rice and beans.